Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sisters



Sisters, Sisters, there were never such devoted Sisters....

When my sister and I get together we can't stop ourselves from pretending that we are the Haynes Sisters. We have fun singing in great cornball -style many of our favorite show tunes and various commercial jingles, but "Sisters" is our perpetual theme song.

We haven't always been devoted sisters. Times were hard and not always fun for us. I'm the oldest. Little sister is six years my junior. Really it wasn't until we both had lived some that we began to see our need for each other. It wasn't until God began to work in both of us that our devotion bloomed.

We live pretty far apart now, but we manage to see each other about twice a year. In the summer my nephew comes to play with his cousins and at thanksgiving we take turns going to each others homes. It is great fun because we scout out great antiquing spots to visit on our annual "Friday-after-thanksgiving-antiquing-jaunt".

I really love my sister. There have been some truly deep wounds to my heart that she has helped to heal. She is loyal to me. We are different and our lives run in different patterns. God made us two definite individuals. I can see so clearly that He has used the likenesses and differences we have so that we can understand each other the way few others every could.

I love you sis. Had a great time while you were here. See you thanksgiving.

Thank you Lord for the comfort of a sister who loves you.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, i agree!! Your sis is the absolute BAM! I so enjoyed being with the both 'Miz Haynes', including the Haynes sisters rendition of Chattanooga Choo-Choo! Sisterhood is a wonderful thing even if its not a real 'blood' sister! You are a true sister and friend to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww shucks! I love you too. Hey, speaking of love... "The Modern Family Cookbook," is referenced in the Pleasantview Schoolhouse blog! Tripe a 'la creole anyone... now that's good eatin'!

    ReplyDelete