Sunday, July 19, 2009

No Condemnation!!

How badly do you smell?? Do you stink?

"Sara, I thought this blog was supposed to be comforting?" Well, yes it is. Let me explain.
Sometimes I think I smell. Yes, smell. Stink to high, high heaven, as we like to say here in the south. Sometimes, there are other people who tell me I stink. Stink bad. Stink to high, high heaven. As you can well imagine this makes me feel pretty ashamed. You know, like you want to really look good to someone; make and impression; and you forgot your deodorant.
It is pretty hard when I smell my own stink. I know it is there and it tears me up inside. Thinking about my sin and the sin I've carried around in the past. But, I tell you it can really tear me up when someone else tells me they can smell my stink from a mile away. Whether it is true or not, whether I've had my bath or not. They smell me and let me know it. It is even worse when they leave the impression that they have no stink and they won't let me wash mine off.

But, my dear friends, here's the "Comforting" part. God has given me my bath. I don't stink to Him anymore!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! I'm washed in the blood of His own precious Son, His own blood. He DID that for me. Can you believe it?? I hope you can, because if you can, you won't stink either. Glory! Guess what? You really, really, won't smell and you NEVER, NEVER, will again. So anyone who says they can smell your stink is wrong and untrustworthy. Oh, we may need to check in with the Father for a little spit bath of repentance now and again. But never putrid, never filthy.

I wish I could convey to you how this cleanliness feels.

Here are some life-giving verses for you. I would encourage you to memorize them so that when you smell the stink you can remember:

Romans 7:14-8:1
...but I am carnal, sold under sin,
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
For I delight in the law of God after the inward man;
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
O WRETCHED MAN THAT I AM! WHO SHALL DELIVER ME FROM THE BODY OF THIS DEATH (this stink)?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; But with the flesh the law of sin.
There is NOW NO CONDEMNATION to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment